1.19.2011

Persephone

My final piece, project 9. It's Persephone, the Greek maiden who was trapped underground by Pluto (who loved her, thanks to Cupid). Her mother, goddess of the earth and harvest, grieved for her loss and the world began to wither away. Eventually a deal was worked out: Persephone had eaten 6 seeds of a pomegranate in Hades, so each year she would spend 6 months underground with Pluto (winter) and 6 months aboveground with her mother (summer). This is also my first-ever attempt at anything involving digital media or Photoshop, and although it is not perfect I am still very proud. I also intended to do a complimentary  piece starring Pluto, but ran out of time. I'll probably still do it eventually, and wind up posting it here.

3 comments:

  1. This somehow communicates to me the idea of how a comic book character would look like if they were painted instead of being made by using tiny dots. I think you did a pretty good job on the hair. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this, Taylor. You did a great job with this, it looks awesome! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow, this is cool! i love how you always have a background to your work. it reallys makes me feel more connected to the piece.

    ReplyDelete