10.29.2010

Mahamayuri

Art 4 Piece 6. I chose to develop my altered book entry for "Glory". Originally in the altered book I tried to do a gold wire outline of a peacock, with the crown enlarged and stylized. It did not work, and turned out very dissappointing. So, I ix-nayed the wire altogether and did my outline with gold acrylic instead. It worked much better. I also filled in the body with a peacock feather pattern and used black acrylic for the kanji in the back- it just says "peacock" (or at least I hope that's what it says).
Why kanji? My inspiration for this piece (to tie it into my concentration) is the Hindu/Buddhist diety Mahamayuri vidyarajni- the peacock diety of wisdom. You can read about it here: http://fudosama.blogspot.com/2006/04/kujaku-myo-o.html

6 comments:

  1. Very interesting concentration. I'd really like to see how you develop this series.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like this one alot! It looks like a graphic design...something that would be on a t-shirt! The colors and printing look really neat together!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is my favorite piece you've done! I really love the gold outlining. I agree. I definitely think you should develop this into a series :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. love, love, loveee this one! i hope you do more like it. Very intresting concentration, and i just realized Brandt said the same thing haha. well keep up the good work(:

    ReplyDelete
  5. Seeing this completely finished, I LOVE IT. I'm really happy that you used the symbols in the background, especially since they don't overtake the entire piece visually since they blend in at first with the background. I agree with Brandt, it'd be awesome if you'd continue making this into a type of series.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am very impressed with this piece! The patterns you created work extremly well together, everything really flows, you really nailed this piece taylor!

    ReplyDelete