9.17.2010

Diana in the Woods

I think everyone has those pieces they'd rather nobody saw. Ever. I happen to have a lot of those, and this is one of them.
It started out great. I somehow scrounged up a moderately cool mixed paper background (mostly on luck). I was using India Ink, one of my favorite mediums and for the first time in my drawing experience trees looked like trees. Life was good. I even had an idea of how to satisfy the criteria for the project while tying it into my mythology theme. There's a story about the goddess Diana bathing in the woods, and when she sees a peeping tom she splashes her water on him, cursing him to change into a deer, who is then hunted by his hunter friends. In my head it looked good.

Not so much on paper. So, here it is. Please don't poke too much fun at it.

1 comment:

  1. Taylor,
    I'll give you credit for posting something that you aren't proud of. You are absolutely right that everyone creates pieces that just don't work out. This includes the old masters too. Every now and again an old painting of a famous artist is either found or revealed. Makes me wonder if the artist is turning over in their graves when this happens.

    ReplyDelete