9.09.2010

Thumbelina

This is my submission for the erasure drawing project. I chose a flower and "animated" it using this technique to bloom, with a tiny Thumbelina inside, tying it to my theme here.

My favorite parts are the flower itself, which I think came out nicely, and the grassy background. I was worried the way I did it would look trashy but I'm glad it came out alright. If I had to do it again, I did make a mistake in adding poor 'Lina last, and you can see the outline of the lower behind her since it is in charcoal and hard to erase.

4 comments:

  1. i actually really like this, you did a great job with the flower, I love how the movement is very graceful, awesome job :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also love this piece! I love the movement of the flower. It's a very differnet idea that others probably wouldn't think of. You did amazing, and the girl just adds that little extra.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think this piece turned out really good Taylor, i love the smokey lines in the negative space and the softness of the piece as a whole. i also like that you added more than just a still life. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you guys very much for your kind comments. :)

    ReplyDelete