9.29.2010

Shiva

This is my final peice for project 4, the experimental portrait. Overall, I think it's okay. Not outstanding, but okay. I do like how the actual portait came out, I haven't tried doing a face in such unnatural colors before and I'm pleased with it. The Indian goddess of destruction and creation, Shiva, was my theme for this project. The "flame" repeating pattern and the color choices were derived from Indian culture.
As far as what I don't like, I had originally tried to do this in watercolor. It was a flop, but that is why the background is more pastel. I also could not recreate the blue exactly, hence the dark splotch ( I thought it was the right color right up until I photographed it.).

1 comment:

  1. I must say that your image transfer is beyond amazing! I have never completed one as well as you have- I do like your color choices, it emphasizes the emotion in your face :)

    ReplyDelete